This past week and a half, Noel and I have been in Boone, North Carolina for orientation with Samaritan’s Purse. It has been great to get to know better the organization that we will be working with as we go to Liberia. We were also able to meet the people that will be supporting us on the field. Our heads are full of information, but we are excited about what is next for us. We were blessed with having a doctor that is going back to Liberia in our class. It was great to meet one of our team, and learn a little bit more about Liberia and the team there. From what everyone has told us, we have a great team. Did I tell you that we are scheduled to leave on Tuesday, May 17th? Our turn around has been crazy fast but things seems to be falling in place.
Here are a few of the things that stood out with me as we listened to our speakers.
- The quality of our work is a platform for ministry.
- We want our heart to break for the things that break God.
- We need to always have room for “God Room” meaning there will often be times when the task can only be done because God is working to get it done.
- Don’t forget the story that God wove to bring you here to this place.
- Understand what you have been entrusted with and make personal time with God a priority.
- Remember you are serving the Lord. This is not just a job.
- Be gracious and transparent. Don’t expect everyone to be perfect.
In the next few weeks, I will try to keep you posted on Liberia,getting settled there, and our new work. It will be a big change but we are excited about meeting our new team.
4 thoughts on “Orientation with Samaritan’s Purse”
So exciting! Can’t wait to see what God has in store for you in your new place of ministry!
Love you guys!!
Praying for you all as you leave. So excited for you as you begin this new adventure!!
I will be praying for you as you leave tomorrow for Liberia. That sure has been a quick turnaround….but I know God will go before you as you walk this new path. Blessings on you as you start this new chapter.
So exciting!! Praying for each of you !!! Love you all!